[BioC] gcrma error? - linked to makeProbePackage ?

Benoit Ballester benoit at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jul 6 15:44:48 CEST 2007

Cei Abreu-Goodger wrote:
> Is there some reason for you not wanting to update your BioC
> distribution? It might even solve the problem you had with the
> matchprobes package...

As far as I understand the BioC distrib is linked to the R version
installed.
In my case I am using R (2.3.1) in a shared server, so having bioc1.8

 > source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
 > biocLite(c("matchprobes"))
Running biocinstall version 1.8.5 with R version 2.3.1
Your version of R requires version 1.8 of Bioconductor.
Warning in install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies,  :
          argument 'lib' is missing: using
/ebi/research/biomart/benoit/R/R_LIB
trying URL
'http://bioconductor.org/packages/1.8/bioc/src/contrib/matchprobes_1.4.0.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 7654424 bytes
opened URL