[BioC] Error loading tcltk for tkWidgets and widgetTools on duo Intel Mac under OS X

Michael Parisi mparisi at sas.upenn.edu
Tue Jul 10 22:50:01 CEST 2007

I recently got a duo Intel Mac OSX and loaded many Bioconductor packages
that I had been using along with R 2.5.1.  All of the packages load and
work except for tcltk, tkWidgets, ruuid, graph and GOstats.  I get the
same error as posted previously about tcltk and tkWidgets (last on Sep
19, 2006):

 >library(tcltk)
as.logical(now)) :
    unable to load shared library
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/i386/tcltk.so':

dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/i386/tcltk.so,
10): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/i386/tcltk.so
  Reason: image not found
Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'tcltk'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'tcltk'

Actually, loading ruuid gives me a slightly different message
 > library(ruuid)
Error in library(ruuid) : there is no package called 'ruuid'

However,  all of the packages I'm running into trouble with are indeed
loaded and presumably in the correct place.  Any advice?
 Thanks,  Michael.