[BioC] Annalyzing replicates in the Agilent chip 4 x44 with limma

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Jul 13 01:02:19 CEST 2007

Dear Ester,

limma doesn't have a feature to treat just a few probes as
duplicated. One reason for this omission is that unequal replication
at the within-array level would play havoc with shrinking the
variances. I'd just treat them all as independent probes.

Best wishes
Gordon