[BioC] affyPLM - cant plot chip pseudo image

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Jul 16 15:16:50 CEST 2007

Hi Rebecca,

Rebecca wrote:
> Hello,
> I have some R/BioC code that was working and is not working any more, and I
> suspect that it has to do with the fact that I did a global "update
> packages". The error comes from trying to create a pseudo image of a CEL
> file which is part of an Affy batch, exactly as is done in the vignette
> "affyPLM: Model Based QC Assessment of Affymetrix".
>

>> aBatRef <- ReadAffy()
>> Pset <- fitPLM(aBatRef)
>> image(Pset, which =2)
>>

> Erreur dans image.default(Pset) : argument must be matrix-like

This error indicates that you are not getting the correct method for
your PLMset object, which indicates some problem with your installation.
If you load the affyPLM package and type

showMethods("image", class="PLMset")

do you get this?

 > showMethods("image", class="PLMset")
Function: image (package graphics)
x="PLMset"

> I found a similar problem in the BioC help archives and the asker was
> advised to reinstall R, BioC , and all packages.
> So I reinstalled everything with the latest stable versions of R and BioC
> and I still get the error.

How did you re-install? Did you use biocLite() directly, or did you do
an update.packages()?

Best,

Jim