[BioC] RE : Re: RE : Re: siggesn and ebam

Holger Schwender holger.schw at gmx.de
Fri Jul 20 12:38:29 CEST 2007

Yes, in ebam missing values are not allowed. I was also thinking about removing the missing value handling stuff from the sam functions such that also in sam missing values are not allowed, but I didn't do this. Please note that also SAM cannot handle missing values. So genes with missing values are either removed or missing values are imputed in sam before the actual SAM analysis starts.

Without knowing the error message it is hard to say something about your second question. But I think that this is not an error message of sam but of data.frame, as each row in a data frame must have another name. So slightly rename your replicates (e.g., use not twice geneXXX but once geneXXXa and once geneXXXb as the name for this particular gene) and it should work.

Holger

-------- Original-Nachricht --------