[BioC] GO terms not found in goTools and GO

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jul 20 16:55:09 CEST 2007

Dear Lena,

the point to realize is that biomaRt queries an online database (you
didn't tell us which one you use), while the GO package is assembled and
packaged by friendly curators in Seattle every couple of months.

According to this site
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/ego/DisplayGoTerm?id=GO:0060070
your term was last modified 2007-03-16, which could explain why it is
not yet in the latest GO package (version 1.17.0).

If you want an consistent set of GO terms throughout, please use the
humanLLmappings (soon to be humanEGmappings) package for gene-GO
associations, not biomaRt. If you use biomaRt, you need to spend more
effort dealing with the dynamic nature of genome annotation (this is not
our fault, this is the state of the science).

Best wishes
 Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber  EBI/EMBL  Cambridge UK  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber