[BioC] Problems with gcrma using latest version of R and Bioconductor

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Jul 26 16:28:02 CEST 2007

Hi Sebastian,

I don't know if there is a method to check for mis-matched packages, but
there is a simple way to update your packages so in truth there should
be no need for such checking.

If you update your R version, all you need to do is then install all
needed packages using biocLite().

If for whatever reason you haven't used biocLite() to install the
packages, you can always use update.packages():

biocLite("Biobase") ##ensure Biobase is correct version
library(Biobase)
repos <- biocReposList()
update.packages(repos=repos, ask=FALSE)

If you follow either prescription then you should never have to worry
about mis-matched packages. If you do something else, then you are on
your own ;-D

Best,

Jim

--