[BioC] Error in QAReport function of package affyQCReport

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sun Jul 29 01:06:51 CEST 2007

Robert Gentleman <rgentlem at fhcrc.org> writes:

> Mark W Kimpel wrote:
>> Robert,
>>
>> You are correct, I am using the function QCReport. I downloaded the
>> source code of the packages affy and affyQCReport and believe the
>> problem may be that the wrong method is being called when boxplot is
>> invoked on my affybatch object. I get an error when I do
>> signature(affy.batch). See below... Is this expected behavior? Could my
>> affybatch object be corrupted?  Mark

One thing to try, in addition to Robert's suggestions, is:

   validObject(affy.batch)

And if you determine that you might have an instance restored from an
old version of R/BioC, then you might take a look at the updateObject
method which will try to update your object to the latest class
definition (works in most, but probably not all cases).

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
BioC: http://bioconductor.org/