[BioC] comparing GO lists

Ana Conesa aconesa at ochoa.fib.es
Sun Jul 29 01:35:43 CEST 2007

Thanks Robert for your quick response.

I was indeed trying the functions you mention from the GOstats
packages. They requiere GO Graphs, so the question was how to
generate a GO Graph object from a list of GOs. I was trying with the
function makeGOgraph but again I was not able to generate the graph
object form my list... is there a way out?
I say another package on the BioC repository,SimSem, that computes
semantic similarities (and this takes aswell gene IDs), and another
one at CRAN GOSim - also for semantic similarity- but this gives me
some troubles with the dependencies... So, if I can create GO graphs
from GO lists to use the GOstats functions, I think this will be
easiest way.

regards
Ana