[BioC] memory - global test

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 30 16:41:06 CEST 2007

"Simo.rossi" <simo.rossi at email.it> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I get an error saying " Cannot allocate vector of size 95Mb", using 'Global
> test' function.
> I used as input a matrix, not an Expression Set, I have to use it to limit
> memory? Or it is not important?
>
> My datasets contains 280 samples and 22215 probes: It's a problem?
>
> I increased memory size.

I suspect you simply do not have enought RAM to run 280 samples on
your machine.  Do you want to give us sessionInfo() output and details
about your system such as how much RAM is there?

Note also that it will help if you give us some context and
description of the operations you are attempting.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
BioC: http://bioconductor.org/