[BioC] ReadAffy in library affy

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Jun 1 16:42:28 CEST 2007

Hi Michael,

Michael Dannemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question to a function in the library affy. One is able to read
> in Microarray data with this function. The output is an object which has
> this raw data. I remember that I could see this data with affy at exprs
> when affy is this object. But it is not available, that means there is
> no extension @exprs. Does anybody know why. Thank you very much in advance!

You should not use slot accessors directly - for most packages that use
S4 methods (affy being one of them), there are accessors designed to
allow you to get the data you want without having to know the underlying
structure of the object you are querying. In this case, the exprs()
accessor has always returned the raw data, and will continue to do so,
regardless of any changes that may happen with the underlying data
structure.

Best,

Jim

> Michael