[BioC] Agilent's duplicate spots

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Jun 8 15:10:39 CEST 2007

Hi Wyatt,

Mcmahon, Wyatt wrote:
> Thank you very much, Naomi!
>
> When you say, "sort by gene so that the duplicates are adjacent in the
> data matrix," do you mean by using Excel?

That's a joke, right? If not, you need to sit down and read 'An
Introduction to R'. Right now. Really.

You could sort using Excel, but that would be like using the butt-end of
a screwdriver to pound a nail when you have a hammer hanging on your
belt. You could do it, and eventually you would get the job done, but
you are really using the wrong tool for the job.

Best,

Jim

> Thanks,
>
> Wyatt