[BioC] from RefSeq GI protein identifiers to GO terms

Lina Hultin-Rosenberg lina.hultin-rosenberg at ki.se
Tue Jun 12 10:05:25 CEST 2007

Dear list,

This might be a question that has been discussed previously but I could not
find any good solution for it. I have lists of human proteins from various
proteomics studies that I want to compare with regards to the GO terms
associated to them. I have the RefSeq GI protein id for the proteins and my
questions is how I best map those to other identifiers that I can use in
subsequent GO analysis?

It might be that this problem is solved best outside R but maybe someone
still can give me a hint to the best solution. For me this is a problem that
comes up quite often - the need to map between different identifiers - and I
have not yet find any really good solution to it. If I for example use IPI I
always loose some proteins/genes since the coverage is rather bad, but maybe
there is no solution that will give perfect mapping?!

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Best regards,
Lina Hultin-Rosenberg