[BioC] from RefSeq GI protein identifiers to GO terms

Lina Hultin-Rosenberg lina.hultin-rosenberg at ki.se
Tue Jun 12 16:32:24 CEST 2007

I just tried to send this mail to the list but it seems as if it didn't
go through - I will make another try.

Dear list,

This might be a question that has been discussed previously but I could
not find any good solution for it. I have lists of human proteins from
various proteomics studies that I want to compare with regards to the GO
terms associated to them. I have the RefSeq GI protein id for the
proteins and my questions is how I best map those to other identifiers
that I can use in subsequent GO analysis?

It might be that this problem is solved best outside R but maybe someone
can give me a hint to a solution. For me this is a problem that comes up
quite often - the need to map between different identifiers - and I have
not yet found any really good solution to it. If I for example use IPI
(International Protien Index) I always loose some proteins/genes since
the coverage is rather bad, but maybe there is no solution that will
give perfect mapping?!

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Best regards,