[BioC] Simple question on citation of an openVignette document

Ben Bolstad bmb at bmbolstad.com
Thu Jun 21 04:54:18 CEST 2007

Though this is perhaps not the answer to the question you are asking.
Directly citing the vignettes is not always the "wished for" action.
Perhaps you want to explore citation().

eg

citation("Biobase")

or

citation("limma")

will give you details on how the authors of those packages wish for
there packages to be cited. Other times the results of citation() are
autogenerated. See

citation("affy")

for instance.

 In the case of the affy package it might be better to cite this paper:

Gautier, L., Cope, L.M., Bolstad, B. M., and Irizarry, R. A. (2004) affy
- Analysis of Affymetrix GeneChip data at the probe level.
Bioinformatics. 20(3):307-315

Best,

Ben