[BioC] Illumina Treatment

Peter pwilkinson_m at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:36:10 CEST 2007

This is in fact what we do here in Montreal. We find that the beadstudio
software is kind of useless. Using version 3.x, we export the raw
probe-level data, and surrogate replace all any values that are below the
background controls  using next largest log value +1;ex if the mean
background controls are 59 we replace with 64+1 or 65 (2^n+1), if its 110 it
would be 128+1 or 129. This eliminates the issue of negative numbers.
Background subtraction just makes the analysis more difficult (especially
doing local background subtraction on some platforms)

Then we perform  the quantile normalization using the functions in Limma.

Peter