[BioC] problem reading raw data file with lumi

Pan Du dupan at northwestern.edu
Fri Jun 22 17:33:20 CEST 2007

Hi Sebastien,

The reason lumiR reported error is that the 'raw_data.csv' provided in
BeadArray package was not originally outputted by BeadStudio (or because it
used a very old version). Some people might have manually modified the meta
information (or just typo) of the file. Also the data include the columns
with duplicated names.

For example:
In the raw_data.csv file, the first two lines are:
   I Inc. BeadStudio version 1.5.1.3
   Normization = none

There are two places seems manually changed by some people:
1. "I Inc." should be "Illumina Inc.";
2. "Normization" should be "Normalization".

Our previous lumiR version tried to verify whether the data was outputted
from BeadStudio. It reported error because of the above modification. In
order to make it more robust, we updated our code. Now the lumiR has no
problem to read the "raw_data.csv" file, but it will give some warning
message because of the problems of the data.

You can download the latest version from Bioconductor developing version,
which is version 1.3.13.
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.1/bioc/html/lumi.html

Thanks for reporting the problem!

Pan