[BioC] sampleinfo and lumiN of lumi package

Pan Du dupan at northwestern.edu
Sat Jun 23 18:45:07 CEST 2007

Hi Michal,

The lumiR parses the column headers to retrieve the sample information. It
follows the convention defined in our Northwestern University Microarray
core and most other Illumina data we have seen. The purpose of this is just
for the convenience for the subsequence analysis like differentially
expressed gene identification. If you find the retrieved information is
incorrect, you can reset them.

As for the loess normalization method in lumiN, it basically calls
normalize.loess() function. As for whether it will do log transform again if
you set log.it=TRUE, it depends how normalize.loess() function implements
it. I just have a try. It seems the function can automatically check the
data and determine the operation. So you don't need to worry about it.

Pan