[BioC] map probe to refseq and select 3' biased one

Weiwei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 00:08:52 CEST 2007

Intially I thot I could tell from e.g. hgu133aREFSEQ. However, I did not find.

The reason I do this, is following MAQC I paper when they align
different probes from different platforms. Currently I am focusing on
affy products (still not the same platforms). I was notified that they
selected 3'bias in this many2one situation.

I believe there exists some RefSeq database which has that field to
tell you which probe (for the same gene) is the 3' end (though not
sure of it). Since today is Sunday I don't want to bother people, so I
try to post here to see if there is a solution or not.

-w

--
Weiwei Shi, Ph.D
Research Scientist