[BioC] Memory problems with the Oligo package

Aashish Dattani aashish.dattani at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 07:06:34 CEST 2007

Hi,
I am working with the oligo package and want to get the snprma()
method to run. I am working on  a 2GB RAM windows machine. But i think
i am having memory problems. I have no other processes running during
that time. I am using only one xba file !
I get the following error:

> preProcessedData <- snprma(rawData)
Error: cannot allocate vector of size 683.7 Mb
In addition: Warning messages:
1: Reached total allocation of 1536Mb: see help(memory.size)
2: Reached total allocation of 1536Mb: see help(memory.size)
3: Reached total allocation of 1536Mb: see help(memory.size)
4: Reached total allocation of 1536Mb: see help(memory.size)

Any suggestions as to how to proceed? I am stuck here.
Thanks
Aashish