[BioC] question about scale factor for Affy chip

Hooiveld, Guido Guido.Hooiveld at wur.nl
Fri Jun 29 17:14:44 CEST 2007

It is A, since you scale all arrays to the same target value (100 is
default in BioC, 500 is default in GCOS).

According to Affymetrix'criteria the difference between the SFs should
not vary more than a factor of 3. Since in your case the SFs are within
the same range (10.-10.2), the SF does not indicate a problem. If you
would have had 10.2. 10.1, 10.4, 40.9 and 2.7, the SF indiactes the last
two arrays deviate from the other arrays.

HTH,
Guido