[BioC] Exclude probes that show sd above 0.1 between replicatevalues

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Thu Mar 1 13:28:45 CET 2007

If you look at the variation on M values alone (it's a MAList), and
throw away those with high variation... that sounds like a reasonable
thing to do, except that when you have spots with no signal in only
one of the channels, the variation is probably quite high too, and
you'd remove them. However, they are probably quite an interesting
class of spots to keep (genes that become silenced, or activated,
after treatment, not merely down/upregulated).

I'm mostly studying experiments when I am interested mostly in these
cases of activation/silencing, and not so much in up/downregulation
alone. I wonder how people account for these situations...

Jose

Quoting J.Oosting at lumc.nl: