[BioC] Unable to compile the impute package on debian with gcc 4.1

Sebastian Bauer Sebastian.Bauer at charite.de
Tue Mar 6 12:38:11 CET 2007

Hello,

I'd like to install the "impute" package on my 64bit debian system. So
far, I haven't succeeded as the compilation of the package fails here
with following excerpt of an output:

--<8--

* Installing *source* package 'impute' ...
** libs
gfortran   -fpic  -g -O2 -c knnimpute.f -o knnimpute.o
  In file knnimpute.f:1

       subroutine knnimp(x,ximp,p,n,imiss,irmiss,kn,workp,workn,iworkp,
      1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
  In file knnimpute.f:2

&     iworkn)
1
Error: Non-numeric character in statement label at (1)
  In file knnimpute.f:2

&     iworkn)
1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
  In file knnimpute.f:6

       integer iworkp(p),iworkn(n), jj
                     1

-->8--

So it seems that the installed gfortan isn't able to deal with the
source. I have no experiences with the Fortan language so I can't tell
if there is indeed something wrong with the sources or if it is merely
my installation. More specific, I'm using the 4.1 series of the GNU
compiler tools. Are there issues know with this particular compiler
suite associated with the impute package? Any solutions to work around
the problem? Any hints are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ciao,
Sebastian

PS
Please add my address as a recipient of a carbon copy when replying as
I'm not subscribed to this list.