[BioC] RMA, RefRMA questions

Kuhn, Max Max.Kuhn at pfizer.com
Wed Mar 7 21:26:00 CET 2007

James,

>From the presentation that I saw on refRMA (and the paper), the quantile
normalization process would coerce the distribution of the low-level
probe data to have the same shape as the "reference" data. In
GeneLogic's case, they used sets of biological samples from their large
data base to define this reference distribution. Assuming that the
reference distribution used is acceptable for your samples/problem, this
should remove many of the systematic effects that you may have in your
data.

After googling, it seems that the package is only available form the
authors at this time, so I can't be exact.

As I mentioned earlier today, I have similar code that I'd be willing to
share. It works very similar to the affy RMA functions.

Max