[BioC] robustspline method for within arrays normalisation

Muller, Pie Pie.Muller at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Mar 15 13:37:18 CET 2007

Dear Gordon,

Apologies should I have missed that this topic has already been discussed in the forum. We are using a small scale, custom made array containing 1760 features (440 probes in four replicates). Currently I am using the "loess" function in normalizeWithinArrays() for normalisation. I was wondering whether perhaps the "robustspline" function would be more appropriate but I am somewhat unclear what the differences between the two methods are and whether it would be suitable at all for our small scale arrays. Is there any more information available on that method other than already in the Limma user's guide?

Thanks,
Pie

-------------------------------------

Dr Pie Müller