[BioC] superpc - scaling of test set?

Manuela Hummel hummel at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Mar 16 09:30:36 CET 2007

Dear list,

has anyone experience with the package "superpc" for developing a gene
expression based predictor
for survival?

We have (Affymetrix) arrays from two different types which we normalized
separately and which
consequently have different means and variation. We would like to use
one set for training and the
other for testing.

My question is whether it is necessary to bring the test set first on
the same scale as the
training set. I have had a look into the code of superpc and I have seen
that there is done
some centering and scaling, so eventually no previous steps have to be
performed to make train
and test data comparable?

Thank you very much
Best regards
Manuela

Dipl.-Stat. Manuela Hummel
wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin
IBE - Institut für med. Informationsverarbeitung,
Biometrie und Epidemiologie
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Tel: +49 89 7095 7497
mailto: hummel at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de