[BioC] LIMMA P-value calculations/Suggestions for flagged data

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sat Mar 24 23:33:23 CET 2007

Dear Sergio,

Yes, RMA and gcRMA avoid a blowout of variability at low intensities.  In fact they are very
aggressive algorithms in this regard.

Note: you still might filter low intensities probes in some circumstances, but you need to remove
entire probes, entire data rows, not individual data values.  Filtering individual spots or
individual cells on intensity doesn't make sense to me.

Best wishes
Gordon