[BioC] GOstats After Running Lumi

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri May 4 04:42:15 CEST 2007

Hi Shawn,

Shawn Westaway wrote:
> Using Lumi on Illumina Mouse-Ref6 chip microarray data. I tried to use
> GOstats to generate a nice table like the one shown in lumi.pdf using
> the following script
>

>>if (require(GOstats) & require(lumiMouseV1)) {
>
> sigLL <- unique(unlist(mget(sigGene, env=lumiMouseV1ENTREZID,
> ifnotfound=NA)))
> sigLL <- as.character(sigLL[!is.na(sigLL)])
> params <- new("GOHyperGParams",
> geneIds= sigLL,
> annotation="lumiMouseV1",
> ontology="BP",
> pvalueCutoff= 0.01,
> conditional=FALSE,
> testDirection="over")
> hgOver <- hyperGTest(params)
> gGhyp.pv <- pvalues(hgOver)
> sigGO.ID <- names(gGhyp.pv[gGhyp.pv < 0.001])
> sigGO.Term <- getGOTerm(sigGO.ID)[["BP"]]
> }
>
> The script does not seem to output anything. Is there a command missing
> to generate the data?

First off, you are missing the universeGeneIds. I don't know what
hyperGTest will do in that situation, but it can't be as good as
actually specifying one.

Second, I don't think you need to do all that stuff after hyperGTest. A
simple summary(hgOver) should suffice, and if you want output
htmlReport(hgOver, file="My BP GO terms.html") will make an HTML page.

Best,

Jim

> Thanks,
> Shawn