[BioC] Problem loading RdbiPgSQL

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Fri May 4 22:29:12 CEST 2007

Seth,

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Well, we have PostgreSQL 7.4.8
installed and your grep command reveals that PQfsize is in the
libpq-fe.h file located in /usr/include. In fact, when I install
RdbiPgSQL from source, it's easy to see that the build process
explicitly looks for the availability of libpq-fe.h.

I do not have any control over what version of PostgreSQL we have
installed, so migrating to version 8.1.4 (or whatever) is not possible
at this time. Can anyone suggest an alternative way to install RdbiPgSQL
that circumvents this problem? Is there a Linux binary available that I
can install — will this even work?

Regards,
Tom

--