[BioC] help in 2-color data normalization

Jianping Jin jjin at email.unc.edu
Thu May 10 19:13:26 CEST 2007

Sorry I made some mistakes on attachment of plots in my last email. I sent
it again therefore. Sorry for multiple versions of emails.

Dear list,

I used r/gPreProcessedSignals from Agilent FE outpup files as a start to
analyze without filtering out any genes, except for those control spots.
The density plot indicates that both channels were pretty well matched in
high intensity range. There were separate read and green peaks, however,
which located at log2 (5) and log2 (4) respectively. MA plots were pretty
normal (please visit the site for viewing plots:
<http://www.unc.edu/~jjin/Graph/> )

The experiment was human colon cancer versus Stratgen universal human
cancer RNAs. The two minor peaks, to me, may be more than what could be
explained by just dye bias. As r/gPreprocessedSignal was supposed to have
gone through a lowess normalization or something like that. Could they be
"real" difference between the samples and the universal reference?

Has anyone had similar observations? I appreciate any comments to help me
out?

thanks,

Jianping

##################################