[BioC] biomaRt - retrieve chrom location

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri May 11 16:50:24 CEST 2007

João Fadista wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I would like to know how I can retrieve the chromosome position of each UniGene cluster id using biomaRt package. Here it is my script:
>
>  > library(biomaRt)
>
>>ensembl = useMart("ensembl", dataset = "hsapiens_gene_ensembl")
>
> Checking attributes and filters ... ok
>
>>unique_UniGeneCluster <- read.csv(file="C:/CGH_experiment2/unique_UniGeneCluster.txt", header=F, sep = "\t")

You probably want to use scan() here instead, so you end up with a
vector of characters rather than a data.frame of (probably) factors.

Alternatively you could unlist() and as.character() your data.frame, but
that's sort of a lot of work to undo what you didn't need to do in the
first place ;-D

Best,

Jim

James W. MacDonald, M.S.