[BioC] GOstats After Running Lumi

Shawn Westaway westaway at ohsu.edu
Fri May 11 02:20:07 CEST 2007

I am sorry, Seth and James, but I did not understand the universeGeneIds
command. Is this something I am supposed to generate from limma?
Shawn

"James W. MacDonald" <jmacdon at med.umich.edu> writes:
> First off, you are missing the universeGeneIds. I don't know what
> hyperGTest will do in that situation, but it can't be as good as
> actually specifying one.

If left unspecified, all genes probed on the chip are used as the
universe.  I fully agree that this is in most cases a suboptimal
choice.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research
Center