[BioC] flagged spots in marray

Juan Pedro Steibel steibelj at msu.edu
Thu May 17 23:32:42 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to find out more about the use of flags by the marray
package. In particular for normalization purposes.

It seems that if I read a set of array files with flags and perform,
say, loess print tip normalization and then I replace all flags with
zeroes and repeat the analysis, I am not getting the same results....
sometimes quite different.

Note that I have a whole zoo of flags in these data: a good share of
-50, -75 and -100... a lot of them introduced manually by a human
operator to mark "visually suspicious" array sectors.

Is there any document that explains the internal use of flags by the
normalization functions in marray?

Thanks in advance!
Juan Pedro

--