[BioC] problem with list.siggenes in siggenes package

Holger Schwender holger.schw at gmx.de
Mon May 21 12:01:21 CEST 2007

Hi Ruma,

the problem starts in the call of the sam function itself. data is only allowed to consist of the data from the samples (I wonder why you didn't get an error when calling sam.) So you actually should do the following

> data <- raw.data[,3:42]
> cl <- rep(1,40)
> rownames(data) <- raw.data[,2]

or if you would like to have the clone ids as names

> rownames(data) <- raw.data[,1]

And then use these specifications in sam.

Now to the list.siggenes problem: gene.names must be a vector containing the gene names, but nrow gives you the number of rows data has. You get the names of the differentially expressed genes by

> list.siggenes(sam.out, 3, gene.names=rownames(data))

However, since the gene names are already specified in data (namely by the row names of this matrix), you do not have to specify gene.names. So

> list.siggenes(sam.out, 3)

should be enough.

Best,
Holger