[BioC] quantile normalization of one dataset to another

Claus-Dieter Mayer claus at bioss.ac.uk
Tue May 22 18:22:00 CEST 2007

Hi Daniel!

Even if you had managed to apply a quantile normalization I doubt that
it would have really solved your problem. Cominbining micorarray results
from different studies (even if the same platform is used) is a tricky
thing. A recent publication on this is

<http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/8/80> Bayesian meta-analysis
models for microarray data: a comparative study
Erin M Conlon, Joon J Song, Anna Liu
BMC Bioinformatics 2007, 8:80

Hope this helps

Claus

 Dr Claus-D. Mayer                    | http://www.bioss.ac.uk
 Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland | email: claus at bioss.ac.uk
 Rowett Research Institute            | Telephone: +44 (0) 1224 716652
 Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.     | Fax: +44 (0) 1224 715349