[BioC] limma: print-tip loess and empty spots

Keith Satterley keith at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed May 23 15:29:27 CEST 2007

Hi Adrian

When you are using limmaGUI you can specify a set of parameters under the Linear
Model Menu, either as A-B or B-A, which reverses the Fold Change sign in the
TopTable. For example, My test Targets file is:
SlideNumber	FileName	Cy3	Cy5	Date
1	        slide1.gpr	B	A	11/07/2004
2	        slide2.gpr	B	A	11/07/2004
3	        slide3.gpr	B	A	11/07/2004
4	        slide4.gpr	B	A	11/07/2004
5	        slide5.gpr	B	A	11/07/2004
6	        slide6.gpr	B	A	11/07/2004

If my parameterisation is B minus A, The first two lines in my TopTable for the
relevant columns are:
"Name"          "logFC"         "AveExpr"   "t"
"AA668821"	"-5.931"	"11.36"	    "-52.24"
"H87471"	"5.258"	        "10.52"	    "40.8"
whereas if my parameterisation is A minus B,  The first two lines in my TopTable
for the relevant columns are:
"Name"          "logFC"         "AveExpr"   "t"
AA668821"	"5.931" 	"11.36"	    "52.24"
"H87471"	"-5.258"	"10.52"	    "-40.8

The LogFC values are reversed in sign.

Is this helpful, or is your problem something different?

I'm using R2.5.0, limma 2.10.4 and affylmGUI 1.12.0 on Windows for this test
problem,

cheers,

Keith Satterley
Maintainer:limmaGUI
Bioinformatics Division
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
Parkville, Melbourne,
Victoria, Australia