[BioC] mas5 update.default problem

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sun May 27 03:05:33 CEST 2007

Hi David,

David Ruau <David.Ruau at rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> Dear useR,

We're bioconductoRs here ;-)

> I use R 2.5.0 since it's release and so for no problem... to I had to
> re-process some data and I encounter a problem while trying to use
> the mas5 function from the affy package:
>
>  > da.26may.mas5 <- mas5(da.26may, sc=300)
> background correction: mas
> PM/MM correction : mas
> expression values: mas
> background correcting...done.
> 12625 ids to be processed
> |                    |
> |Error in update.default(pbt) : need an object with call component
> In addition: Warning message:
> $ operator not defined for this S4 class, returning NULL in: object$call

For some reason, it looks like the update method isn't dispatching
properly for you.

One possible workaround:  what happens if you repeat the call, but
specify verbose=FALSE?

Does example(mas5) work for you?

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org