[BioC] Affy's 500K SNP arrays - retrieval of probe info

De Bondt, An-7114 [PRDBE] ADBONDT at PRDBE.jnj.com
Wed May 30 08:56:55 CEST 2007

Hi Ben,

I did not realise that there are SNPs that are not represented by a central
'position 0' probe.

Thanks for this clarification!
An

-----Original Message-----
From: Benilton Carvalho [mailto:bcarvalh at jhsph.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, 29 May 2007 17:50
To: De Bondt, An-7114 [PRDBE]
Cc: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: Re: [BioC] Affy's 500K SNP arrays - retrieval of probe info

Hi An,

There is no direct association between the number of SNPs and the
number of probes whose offset is zero.

On the 250K designs, given a SNP, the number of probes across offsets
is usually unbalanced.

Here a little piece of (ugly) code to clarify what I mean:

ann = "pd.mapping250k.sty"
fields = "man_fsetid, pmfeature.strand, allele, offset"
tbls = "pmfeature, sequence, featureSet"
conditions = "pmfeature.fid = sequence.fid AND
featureSet.fsetid=pmfeature.fsetid"
sql = paste("SELECT", fields, "FROM", tbls, "WHERE", conditions)
tmp = dbGetQuery(db(get(ann)), sql)

table(tmp[["man_fsetid"]], tmp[["offset"]])[1:10,]

Hope this helps,