[BioC] vsn2 bug?

Tobias Straub tstraub at med.uni-muenchen.de
Thu May 31 10:56:30 CEST 2007

Dear Wolfgang,

this is how I run vsn:

#####################################
library(vsn)

#get the matrix of raw intensities
d.raw <- as.matrix(til[,5:16])

d.norm.old <- vsn(d.raw, subsample=20000)
d.norm.new <- vsn2(d.raw, subsample=20000)

#####################################

I just discovered, that if I don't use subsampling the poblem gets
even worse:
http://www.badongo.com/pic/689985

the meanSdPlot (with subsampling) looks like this:
http://www.badongo.com/pic/690005

the pairs of my matrix (pre-vsn) looks like this:
http://www.badongo.com/pic/690007

If you want I can provide you the complete dataset via a local
download link.

best wishes
Tobias