[BioC] how to build a GOstats-compatible annotation package for plasmodium falciparum?

Paul Shannon pshannon at systemsbiology.org
Tue Nov 6 23:50:00 CET 2007

Hi Marc,

If (as seems quite possible) no one has time right now to do a proper
malaria annotation package,
can you tell me how I can get started with creating the minimal data
needed for
GOstats?

I hope that if I were to emulate the YEASTGO environment from the
YEAST package -- creating
a PFALCIPARUMGO environment, for instance -- that that might be all
that GOstats needs.

Would that indeed work?  If so, and assuming I could build a properly
structured environment,
a puzzle remains:  one constructs a GOHyperGParams object specifying

          annotation = 'YEAST'

What would the equivalent argument be for a home-brewed (and minimal)
annoation
object?  I imagine that hyperGTest does some magic to map from
"YEAST" to the
YEASTGO environment.

      params = new ("GOHyperGParams", geneIds = unique (deleted),
                    universeGeneIds = universe,
                    annotation = "YEAST",
                    ontology = "BP", pvalueCutoff = 0.01, conditional
= TRUE,
                    testDirection = "over")

Got any sugeestions?  Cautions?

  Thanks!