[BioC] Affymetrix reannotation

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Nov 8 02:39:47 CET 2007

Hi Samuel,

If you just want to ensure the probes in each probeset actually map to
the current genome build, then you might consider the MBNI re-mapped
cdfs. For the ath1121501 chip there are two you could consider; the
ath1atrefseqcdf or ath1attaircdf packages.

The probes were first blasted against this version of the genome
(1con.01222004, file date is 08/10/2006) -- not sure what that means, as
I am not a plant guy. The probes that mapped to a single unique sequence
on the genome were then annotated to genes using either TAIR or RefSeq
(this is part of the package name above), so you are assured that any
probes that are outdated have been removed.

More info is available here (note these are version 10):

http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/Brainarray/Database/CustomCDF/CDF_download.asp#v10

You can get the package(s) in one of two ways. First, you can get them
automagically by doing something like:

dat <- ReadAffy(filenames=list.celfiles(), cdfname="ath1atrefseqcdf")

or you can download/install using biocLite() and then specify in your
call to ReadAffy() (or justRMA()/justGCRMA() if you are going that route).

Best,

Jim