[BioC] The mis-match platform read by bioconductor --> MOE430B

Alex Tsoi tsoi.teen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 01:13:04 CET 2007

Dear All,

I am wondering how does the bioconductor know what platforms the .cel
files come from when reading the raw data by using eg. ReadAffy() or
even justGCRMA().

I have several raw .cel files downloaded from GEO, and they are
supposed to be from the MOE430B, however, when I used either
ReadAffy() or justGCRMA(), I received this error:

Error in read.affybatch(filenames = l$filenames, phenoData = l$phenoData,  :
        Cel file /GSM79006.CEL does not seem to be of MOE430A type

I tried different samples that also used MOE430B, and each of them
gives the same error.

The .cel file is similar to this:

[CEL]
Version=3

[HEADER]
Cols=712
Rows=712
TotalX=712
TotalY=712
OffsetX=0
OffsetY=0
GridCornerUL=235 231
GridCornerUR=4506 215
GridCornerLR=4524 4485
GridCornerLL=252 4501
Axis-invertX=0
AxisInvertY=0
swapXY=0
DatHeader=[2..44430]  A40200B_++:CLS=4733 RWS=4733 XIN=3  YIN=3  VE=17
       2.0 06/24/04 11:23:43   HP      MOE430B.1sq                  6

As you could see, it specifies MOE430B, but I 'm not sure how the
bioconductor figured that this is a MOE430A , and gives the error..

I greatly appreciate for any comment of suggestion.

Thanks a lot,
Alex-

--
Lam C. Tsoi (Alex)