[BioC] A question about installation of cghFLasso package

affy snp affysnp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 22:21:27 CET 2007

Hi Sean,

Thanks a lot!

I tried biocLite() earlier and then switched to R CMD INSTALL.

I just did it once again and got:

(1) For server 1,

> source('http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R')
> biocLite('cghFLasso')
Running biocinstall version 2.1.8 with R version 2.6.0
Your version of R requires version 2.1 of Bioconductor.
Warning in install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies,  :
  argument 'lib' is missing: using
'/home/allen/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-library/2.6'
trying URL 'http://cran.fhcrc.org/src/contrib/cghFLasso_0.1-2.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 142390 bytes (139 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 139 Kb

ERROR: failed to lock directory
'/mnt/sc03/genomics/home/allen/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-library/2.6'
for modifying
Try removing '/mnt/sc03/genomics/home/allen/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-library/2.6/00LOCK'

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/Rtmp2UkIQF/downloaded_packages
Warning message:
In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies = dependencies,  :
  installation of package 'cghFLasso' had non-zero exit status

(2) For server 2,

> source('http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R')
> biocLite('cghFLasso')
Running biocinstall version 2.0.8 with R version 2.5.0
Your version of R requires version 2.0 of Bioconductor.
Warning in install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies,  :
         argument 'lib' is missing: using '/home/allen/lib/R'
trying URL 'http://cran.fhcrc.org/src/contrib/cghFLasso_0.1-2.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 142390 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 139Kb

* Installing *source* package 'cghFLasso' ...
/usr/local/lib/R/bin/INSTALL: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter:
Permission denied
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'cghFLasso'
** Removing '/home/allen/lib/R/cghFLasso'

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/RtmpbuM77p/downloaded_packages
Warning messages:
1: installation of package 'cghFLasso' had non-zero exit status in:
install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies,
2: cannot create HTML package index in: tools:::unix.packages.html(.Library)

Thanks a lot!

Allen