[BioC] Biological, technical or pooled replicates?

Lynn Amon lamon at fhcrc.org
Tue Nov 13 18:44:33 CET 2007

Hello Cei,
One cause of the chip effect that you have observed in the past might be
the hybridization buffer.  Illumina tech reps suggested that the buffer
contents might not all be dissolved so we agitated the buffer longer and
the chip effect went away.  We have seen quite nice results since then.
If you are still concerned, you can use two chips but run a technical
replicate on each one.  I would avoid pooling.
Lynn Amon