[BioC] CGH segmentation algorithms (snapCGH package)

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz at cnio.es
Mon Nov 19 12:02:36 CET 2007

Dear Joao,

I am not sure your idea would get you what you want. The issue you rise has
been addressed before in other fields where you want to combine several
disgnostics or experts or classifiers. For example, if you search
for "mixtures of experts" you'll find a lot of hits. Machine learning
textbooks often have one or more chapters devoted to this issue. You might
try to derive a (meta-) algorithm that combines the output from those three,
based upon some training data (of a structure similar to yours) for which the
truth is known. In some cases, using algorithms which return a probability
makes combination simpler (i.e., if each algorithm tells you how sure it is
of its assessment); that is not really the case with any of the three you
mention.

Best,

R.

--
Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Statistical Computing Team

http://ligarto.org/rdiaz
PGP KeyID: 0xE89B3462
(http://ligarto.org/rdiaz/0xE89B3462.asc)

**NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD** Este correo electrónico, y ...{{dropped:3}}