[BioC] linear model design

Erica Leder eriled at utu.fi
Wed Nov 21 19:36:19 CET 2007

Hi,

I am trying to set up my linear model design matrix and contrast matrix
and I am having some difficulty.  I am using Agilent's one-color
platform, so I have a matrix of normalized intensity values as my input
object for lmfit.

I have 3 populations, 12 samples from each population, and a treatment
that was conducted on 6 individuals from each population (36 arrays
total).  I am interested in population differences, treatment
differences, and any population x treatment differences.  I also have
individuals of both sexes among the samples, so I would like to correct
for any sex affects in the model.
I am new to linear models, but I thought I understood how to do this
until I decided to add the sex information to the model.  I would
greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Erica

--