[BioC] CEL files with different size

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 2 08:58:42 CEST 2007

Hi <no name>,

if they are from the same chip type, the smaller ones are probably in
a binary format and the larger ones in an ASCII format.  Since it is
much faster to work with binary files, I recommend you to convert the
ASCII files into a binary files.  You can use convertCel() of the
affxparser package for this.

The question of normalizing for lab effects is a different issue, and
I'll leave that for someone else to comment on...

/Henrik