[BioC] GOstats - defining the gene universe

Rachael McBride rachel.mcbride at ucd.ie
Fri Oct 5 17:37:01 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a quick question that I can't seem to find an answer to by
searching the BioC lists. I want to use GOstats on a gene list. I've
read the vignette and understand that defining the gene universe is an
important step. The vignette outlines various non-specific filtering
steps that can be done on an expression set in order to define the gene
universe. My question is are the non-specific filtering steps done on a
normalized or un-normalized expression set.

Thanks,
Rachael