[BioC] One-Color Aglent Data into Limma GUI

elliot harrison e.harrison at epistem.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 12:32:01 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I'm trying to work with One-color agilent data without much luck.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/128
18/match=agilent

I've tried the above method but as I posted before I get stuck on the
following error.

Error in readGenericHeader(fullname, columns = columns, sep = sep) :
Specified column headings not found in file

As such I thought I'd try a different approach and have a go with the
LimmaGUI.
I've faked green channel columns in my files like this which I hope to
ignore once imported.

FEATURES	FeatureNum	Block	Row	Col	SubTypeMask
SubTypeName	ProbeUID	ControlType	ProbeName	GeneName
	SystematicName	PositionX	PositionY	gProcessedSignal
rProcessedSignal	gMeanSignal	rMeanSignal
	gMedianSignal	rMedianSignal	gBGUsed	rBGUsed
DATA	1	1	1	1	0		0	1
GE_BrightCorner	GE_BrightCorner	GE_BrightCorner	9790.72	223.949	358.8079
1.52E+04	1.10E+04	1.10E+04	10446	10446	78.8743
78.8743

When I try to import the files I gives an error saying it was unable to
read the image processing files

I've also added a Block column as the next error is in getLayout(gal)
GAL file must contain Block, Column, Row error.
Then Error in Matrix and other but I guess this is all due to the file
not being read properly in the first place.

I am using another analysis package as well so I am analysing my data
but there is so much more to R.
Any help getting going would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Elliott

This message has been scanned for viruses by BlackSpider...{{dropped:3}}