[BioC] sequence search using a position weight matrix?

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Tue Oct 9 15:50:56 CEST 2007

Hi Paul,

I don't think bioc does (though someone can correct me).  If you turn
the pwm matrix 90 degrees clockwise,
you get a Position Specific Scoring Matrix (like a Gribskov profile, but
without gap scores), which can be
matched to a string using the Viterbi algorithm.  There are ways to
execute the Viterbi algorithm in R, see
for example:

http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/06/03/23821.html

Regards,